Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Just Because....

When Brendan was born, we had this idea that we didn't want to change our lifestyle. Activities such as walking, canoeing, going out for dinners and so on where still important to us. As a result, Siobhan, Brendan and I had many adventures including trips to the Isle of Arran, Loch Lomond and so on. We had a saying to keep us challenged, 'Just Because'.

Now that Tadhg has arrived, we are striving to do the same. On Monday, all six of us went out to the Irving Nature Park down towards Saint John, NB on the Fundy Coast. It is a nature reserve set up to protect an environmentally significant and endangered area.

With Brendan strapped into the backpack carrier on Paddy's back and Tadhg in the Baby Bjorn with me, all six of us hit the trails. The walk itself was icy so we had to take it slow. As you can see the temperature was pleasant and the winds were relatively calm as I'm wearing a ball cap.

By the end of the afternoon, we did 3.2km (about halfway to the point), saw small animals (squirrels and birds) and managed to grab 3 geocaches.









Edit by Siobhan: I can't get my head around this... big, evil corporations doing good things. Seems totally hypocritical and selfish to me. Any effort to protect and conserve natural habitats is obviously a good thing, but when I think about their motivation behind it I just cringe. Is a good deed any less good because the motivation behind it is questionable??
My first thought was to take off that logo so as not to give the Irving corporation any credit, but I'll just throw out that question instead.

No comments: