Sunday, December 28, 2008

Big Kids Never Grow Up

With a bit of fresh snow and a need to get out for a stretch, I decided that I'd build Brendan another snow fort since the last one was more or less washed away in the rain earlier last week.

After about 20 minutes, I realized that assistance would be required so I called in a reinforcement, Uncle Paddy. More than happy to assist, both Paddy and I where able to work off some of the Holiday feed coma.

In no time, we had a snow fort constructed which included a entrance with snow statue, a two tier seat, a lounge, an observation post, a maze and the makings of a 3 foot tower.

Towards the end of the project, Brendan came out to inspect his new establishment. At first he didn't seem very interested and just kept on ordering me to pull him in his toboggan "Daddy Faster Daddy". At one point, I told him that we had to go in and all of a sudden, he refused to leave the snow fort. Brendan kept running up to his observation post.

The only silly thing about the whole thing was that I should have looked at the weather forecast. It has melted away yet again.

No comments: