Monday, December 22, 2008

Gaining Weight & Out Like A Light

Good morning;

It is 1:50am and I just woke up after falling asleep with Brendan. The wind is howling outside and the snow is blowing pretty hard from what I can see, the snow drifts are already above the side mirrors of the people carrier. Here is the current weather forecast for Fredericton airport CYFC 220539Z 2206/2218 04020G40KT 1/4SM +SN BLSN VV002 TEMPO 2206/2208 3/4SM -SN BLSN VV006. In a nut shell, it is crazy outside and it wouldn't surprise me if we lost power this morning.

As for Brendan and his sleep routine, it's going very well. Like clockwork, I brush his teeth followed by an inspection of the pearly whites by Siobhan. After a good night kiss and a hug, he usually grabs a book from the living room and runs to his bedroom. Once there, Brendan and I read the book once or twice. I then unplug the big bedroom light. This is when he puts the book beside his bed for the morning. He lies back, I sing a quick song and before you know it, he's asleep. The only problem with this whole bed routine is that I fall fast asleep with him as well.
Here's a quick picture of Brendan out for the count. He was watching the television and when we looked over, he was fast asleep.


And as for Tadhg, he's doing great. Our midwife, Kate, came for her last postnatalvisit. Mom and baby are doing great from her perspective. Believe it or not, Tadhg has already surpassed his birth weight in only 8 days. He weighed in at 10lbs 1oz. It's amazing how things can be so different between Brendan and Tadhg's birth experience.

I'm off to find some candles just in case. Ciao everyone.

No comments: