Saturday, January 31, 2009

should do this more often

We had a lovely get together/playdate type thing yesterday with two mums and their two girls from our Wednesday playgroup. They stayed for lunch and lots of playing and chatting. And we had a wonderful surprise... Jen gave us a beautiful little rug that she made herself. I was so excited as it is just perfect. I haven't found a place for it yet but as you can see from the picture above it makes a great little sleeping mat for the wee one. I'm hoping she'll show me how to make these so that I can make one for under the dolls' house. It's a great 'green' project as you can use all your old sheets and left over fabric scraps. yummy!

I've started knitting again after 23 years. I dug out my little knitting bag my Great Gran made for me when she taught me to knit when I was 8 or 9 and found a bunch of needles and the same blue yarn I was using for the only knitting project I ever attempted (a scarf I never even finished) So here's hoping for better success this time round. I'll update later. Anyway, I came in the living room later in the day yesterday and found Brendan building a fence on the sofa with the needles- he was so proud of himself and clapped and cheered when he showed it to me.

No comments: