Monday, April 5, 2010

Springtime is here!

It's Easter weekend and (hopefully) Spring has finally arrived. The weather has been gorgeous and there is nothing better than working and playing outside.

First off, an update on the house. No, it hasn't sold yet but there have been several viewings and people seem to like it so I imagine it is just a matter of time before we get an offer.

To leave the house clean and tidy (a rarity for us), we headed for Fundy National Park on Good Friday to visit some friends. As usual, we had a great time. Hiking, geocaching, awesome meals (thanks Matt), a playgroup, scrambling and beach walks where just a few of the things we did.

We came back on Easter Sunday after the boys finished a really fun and creative Easter Egg hunt set up by Lindsey. I still don`t think I`ve stopped shaking from all the sugar I had from the homemade Chocolate Cream Eggs they made.

On Sunday evening we had another wonderful dinner at Sue & Peter`s house. It was probably the tenth time we`ve eaten at theirs and it is always a warm and comfortable place to chat with friends.

Now it's Monday, the long weekend is almost over but not before we make the most of it. This was our morning snack. Siobhan made a pumpkin cake and brought it down with some drinks.
After our morning snack, the boys went off exploring around the back yard and found the rain barrel. Before I knew it, I heard giggling and splashing from the deck.

The weather was so nice, I couldn`t pass on filling up the baby pool for Brendan. This is him after asking for the last bucket of hot water to take off the chill. He nabbed my hat and jumped in.

Before I knew it, Brendan started splashing me. So there was only one thing I could do.... join him.



So, in summary, it was a beautiful weekend well spent with friends. Thank you very much everyone.

No comments: