Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Becky

Becky will be missed by everyone and our thoughts and prayers are all with Martin, Joe and Izzy at the moment. Becky was always so open and approachable and loving and understanding. She was always especially gentle and caring towards Caitlin, Paddy and I.
Very few 'treasures' in my box of "most important things" that I started when I was 12 came from someone other than my mum, dad, granny, grandad, sister or brother. But there are a couple of special things given to me by Becky, and they've always retained the meaning she intended them to symbolise, even if I can no longer remember her exact words about love and courage and keeping a person's spirit and strength inside you.
I'm still not sure whether or not I'm going to be with everyone for the funeral next week but I hope so.

No comments: