Thursday, October 29, 2009

Just finished this needlefelted doll for a friend whose baby is due in a few weeks' time.



I was a little hesitant to try a human figure as I have painful memories of trying hard (and failing) to make some sort of human likeness out of clay in Art class at school. Needless to say I gave up Art as soon as I could and have regretted it ever since. Like giving up the piano. And swimming. And a hundred other things. But hey ho, I did a hundred different things instead and have no regrets on that front!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Agi said...

OMG, Siobhan, that's gorgeous! Did you use a pattern for that? I love it! Too bad we can't needle felt together, I'm enjoying it so much. xo

Rachel said...

This is so great Siobhan! I love it. Perhaps a little felting tutorial in exchange for a clay one?

Anonymous said...

She is so Beautiful! It is so great to have such a talented friend!

siobhan said...

Thanks guys.
Agi, looks like we might be coming to Kingston after all so we should be able to needlefelt to our hearts content next year!(though not certain till after christmas, and there's still a slim chance we may get Italy) Rachel, let's do it.
And anonymous, who are you??